Once a text field has data stored, it is not very easy or obvious how to change its maximum length. In the UI there is a message warning you that the field cannot be changed, because there is existing data. Sometimes it is necessary to change these values. It seems that there are a few ways and some resources to do this in Drupal 7, but I could not find a way to do this in Drupal 8. I decided to create a small function to do it:
Recent blog posts
- A blooming community - Lakes and Volcanoes DrupalCamp 2017 Recap
- Change the text field maximum length in Drupal 8
- Global Training Day - fun and accesible to all!
- Display forms in a modal dialog with Drupal 8
- How to declare hexadecimals on a PHPDoc Block